As a lifestyle blogger, I often received inquiries regarding which products I recommend. With so many great options from which to choose, I constantly discover amazing additions and rotate them into my beauty routine. Read on to see what’s currently taking center stage in my beauty bag.
- It’s my belief that without quality applicators, even the best makeup can end up looking cakey, crusty and generally unappealing. I choose to apply foundation with a brush, as I find that small circular motions help to evenly distribute the product and you’re able to use less. An angled blush and bronzer brush helps make those products look natural by keeping confining their application to a specific area. Finally, several eye shadow brushes are necessary to achieve the right look – one is used to apply concentrated color and a second is used for feathering and blending.
- Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation is my favorite way to achieve a natural, glowing complexion. Its consistency is perfect for everyday coverage and it can be layered in order to reach a more opaque level of coverage. It also leaves my skin feeling soften and more evenly toned even after it washes off. $45 Available here.
- Eyebrow Pencil. I’ve long searched for an eyebrow pencil that can look as natural and simultaneously defining as Urban Decay Brow Beater in Taupe Its fine tip allows you to add precise definition where it’s needed while avoiding the dreaded fake look. $20 Get it here.
- Eye Shadow. Flower Shadow Play Eye Shadow Quad in Smoke and Mirrors is my new favorite drugstore steal. Its complimentary nudes allow you to create an understated + polished look for day or dramatic smoky eye for evening wear. The even consistency and velvety powder finish makes it comparable to designer brands at a much lower price tag. The 4.5/5 star customer product rating confirms this is a smart buy. $9.98 Available at Walmart.
- I was initially drawn to Tarte’s Light Camera Lashes Mascara due to its ophthalmologist tested, vegan-friendly, and paraben + phthalates free formula. I kept using it because of its ability to fulfill its promised to lengthen, curl, volumize, and condition my lashes in one product. For day wear, I keep the coverage limited to one or two swipes, but for evening wear, I add 4 or 5 coats for a high impact effect. $23 Available at Ulta.
- Lip Color. One of my greatest makeup challenges has been to find lip color that has enough pigment, yet does not irritate and dry my lips. Burt’s bees lip balm in pomegranate has long been by go to, however, I find that I really need more color for daily wear. After some serious searching (and I mean serious, people) I’ve discovered Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm in Lilac. This formula is so hydrating and feels amazing on lips. It also adds *just* enough of a pop of color to make your daily look appear effortlessly chic. $33 Get it at Sephora.
- The first time I tried Bosica Charcoal MakeUp Melter Cleansing Oil-Balm, the first thing I thought was where have you been all my life?! As the name suggests, makeup, especially mascara, literally melts off of your face when you use this product. It also leaves skin feeling so smooth, supple and hydrated, you’ll be tempted to skip your moisturizer. Never leave mascara stains on your towels again after using this incredible cleanser. $32 at Sephora.
- Never underestimate the power of a glowing smile. I love coffee and tea, so it’s a constant battle to keep my pearlies white. Many whitening products irritate my sensitive teeth so Sensodyne True White Mint Toothpaste helps gently lift stains and keeps me from wincing when I drink or eat hot and cold foods. $5.62 Available via Amazon.
- Teasing Comb. This YS Park Teasing Comb’s near miraculous ability to create volume was so highly praised in Allure magazine that I had to try it. It lives up to its reputation, as evidenced by its 5/5 star reviews online. $18.80 Available via Amazon.
- With all these great products, you need a cute bag in which to store them, right?! Storing your products in a bag (as opposed to bulky plastic cases) allows you to quickly toss them into your luggage for easy traveling. I generally gravitate toward fabric bags that can be washed from time to time, like the Christian Lacroix one shown here. $13.97 Available here.
A reliable beauty routine makes looking great a no-brainer and great products ensure that you’ll always be polished and prepared to face the day. Edit + updated your beauty bag with some of my favorites or share your own in the comments section!